Hello! My name is Jessica and my blog is MissSenoritaTpt! I just started my blog in July 2015, so I’m still pretty new to the blogging world. I taught Spanish in middle and high school for 7 years, and now I work full time on my TeachersPayTeachers store. Here are my top 5 blog posts from 2015:
5. Coloring Activities in the High School Classroom – I love coloring activities! And so do high school students, I promise. This blog post gives you 3 ideas for how to incorporate coloring activities into a variety of lessons from lower level to upper level Spanish classes.
4. Listening Activities for Lower Level Spanish Classes – It can be so hard to find good listening activities to play in class for lower level classes – native speakers frequently speak too quickly and used far too advanced vocabulary. This blog post gives 2 ideas for websites that have great listening
3. What’s in my Teaching Bag? – This is a fun blog post about what I kept in my bookbag “teaching bag” – chapstick, stickers, pens, ibuprofen…
2. Letting Students Choose Their Seats – I let students choose their seats in high school and also when I taught middle school, and I explain in this blog post why I chose to do that, and how I used it as a classroom management tool.
1. Ask & Switch – A Speaking Activity – Ask and Switch is a speaking activity I did frequently with students in my classes. It gets everyone up and out of their seats, and they practice a variety of questions and answers, so it can be used in classes of any level.
I hope these blog posts will give you some ideas for activities you can use in your classes! My next blog posts will center on traveling abroad with students – I hope you’ll stop by and check it out!
Over the next few weeks, we will be sharing the top posts of the year from numerous World Language Teachers. Today is our first installment. Check out all the posts.